Chelsea star Eden Hazard has insisted that he is ready to “work hard” under Chelsea new boss Maurizio Sarri ahead of the upcoming season.
Sarri was confirmed the Blues manager last week replacing his compatriot Antonio Conte after months of speculation linking the Italian with the Chelsea job.
Sarri getting appointed as Blues manager, has already completed his first signing of the summer in his former player at Napoli Jorginho which move was made official by the club on Saturday.
Hazard has been on international duty all summer with Belgium national team at the World Cup tournament and helped his country to secure the third place position after their 2-0 win over England on Saturday evening.
Hazard, however, has severally been linked with move to Real Madrid and this took a new twist with Cristiano Ronaldo exit to Juventus. The Belgian has two years left to run on his current deal with club and his exit to a new club would command a high figure.
And according to Hazard’s interview with Belgian news outlet HLN, it appears the winger would be happy to work under Sarri and hope for a silverware with coming season.
Speaking with the Belgian outlet, Hazard said:
“We knew already for a while that Sarri was going to become the new manager. If he’s a good manager? If he lets me win trophies, yes.
“Dries Mertens has told me he’s a good coach. We’ll have to work hard. The Italian way, but we were used to that with Antonio too.”
Chelsea FC will be looking to at least challenge for the Premier League title next season after their fifth-placed finish last term.